Excursions in Montenegro
Ostrog Monastery & Local Household Trubjela
Visit the greatest religious site in Montenegro, a fantastic Ostrog monastery, hear the stories about the miracles of St Basil. Get know with the typical Montenegrin household, welcoming hosts and their tradition and specialties.
Ostrog Monastery, the church built high up in the cliff is visited by million tourists and pilgrims every year, by Christians but also by Muslims. It was built by St Basil in 17th century on the place of small caves. Apart from the magnificent location – high up on the 600m height, the greatness of St Basil and his monastery is in healing powers, of which many people whiteness.
After visiting this fantastic religious place we have lunch in a traditional Montenegrin household placed in the mountain region. The household is producing goat cheese, organic honey, various home made products like juices and jams.
* In this household you shall see goats and the rocky mountain area so suitable for them.
* Taste the goat cheese, and see how it is prepared traditionally.
* Visit the apiary and taste the local honey. You can hold yourself the beehives if you like.
* Visit the 100 year old house with items and stuff from that time.
* Visit the orchard, garden and taste the local products like jams, juices, liquors, all made from the fruits of the household.
We have a degustation of all the products and traditional lunch prepared in the household. Menu – local specialty roasted veal with potatoes The beautiful pure natural surroundings, with fire place if necessary.
The price includes:
Drive, guide, visit of the household with tasting local product and lunch.